RPKD slams Shinde’s ‘saffron terror’ remark
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
Rashtra Premi Kriti Dal (RPKD), a Muslim body, has termed Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde's comment on 'saffron terror' as a trick to lure Muslim to vote for the Congress in 2014.
Anjum Inamdar, president, RPKD said, "Though Shinde exhibited courage in saying what he said, it's not a revelation. His predecessor P Chidambaram had also made similar comments a few years ago. Instead of reiterating what is already known, the need of the hour is to act. Rather than creating a sensation, Mr Shinde should have acted."
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- IS repeat that they are doing these to ensure that we live in a world free of infidels
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities