Rs 1.8-cr heist at Thane jewellery store
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuels fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Police have launched a probe into a burglary at a jewellery store in Thane Monday. Gold jewellery worth around Rs 1.8 crores in the early hours of Monday morning. Interestingly, the jewellery store is located close to Thane Nagar police station.
Thane Nagar police said the burglary occurred at Punamiya Jewellers near Kopineshwar temple. The store owner, Giriraj Punamiya, was informed by an acquaintance who, while on a morning walk, saw that the rear door of the shop had been forced open. Punamiya reached the store and found that one of the three safes inside had been broken open. The silver jewellery was intact but gold jewellery worth around Rs 1.8 crore was missing, police said.
"CCTV footage shows a man with a handkerchief tied around his face breaking the safe open and taking the jewellery. He also tried to force the other two safes open but failed. He had tried to turn the camera off, but could not do so," said senior inspector C N Thorat, Thane Nagar police station.
Police have registered a complaint of break-in and theft against unidentified persons. "A probe is on," said Thorat.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress