Rs 10 lakh, 35 tolas of gold stolen
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
In a major theft in the residence of a cloth merchant in Model Town area, the servant of the house allegedly fled with 35 tolas of gold jewellrry and Rs 10 lakh in cash when the family had gone to Amritsar to attend a wedding. The police registered an FIR in the case on Tuesday. The servant had only been working in the house for a month and the merchant had failed to do a police verification.
Three cases of kidnapping minors
Ludhiana: Three cases of kidnapping of minors have been lodged in the city in the past few days. In the first case, a man from Sarabha Nagar has been booked for the kidnapping of a 15-year-old girl, allegedly to marry her. In a similar case a man was booked for kidnapping a 15-year-old girl in Sunder Nagar. In the third case, a 14-year-old girl went missing on January 14, police suspect a man who is also missing. Parents of the girl allege he kidnapped her with intention to marry her. No arrests have been made.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today