Rs 10 lakh, 35 tolas of gold stolen
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
In a major theft in the residence of a cloth merchant in Model Town area, the servant of the house allegedly fled with 35 tolas of gold jewellrry and Rs 10 lakh in cash when the family had gone to Amritsar to attend a wedding. The police registered an FIR in the case on Tuesday. The servant had only been working in the house for a month and the merchant had failed to do a police verification.
Three cases of kidnapping minors
Ludhiana: Three cases of kidnapping of minors have been lodged in the city in the past few days. In the first case, a man from Sarabha Nagar has been booked for the kidnapping of a 15-year-old girl, allegedly to marry her. In a similar case a man was booked for kidnapping a 15-year-old girl in Sunder Nagar. In the third case, a 14-year-old girl went missing on January 14, police suspect a man who is also missing. Parents of the girl allege he kidnapped her with intention to marry her. No arrests have been made.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties