Rs 133-cr budget proposed for VS Hospital
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad:Mayor and chairman of the VS Hospital Board of Management Asit Vora presented a revised draft budget of Rs 133 crore for the VS General Hospital Thursday. While new facilities like spine endoscopy set, ventilator for post operative neuro surgery ward, heart lung machine, plasma sterliser and skin laser have been included in the budget, more than 71% of the total amount has been earmarked for establishment expenses. On the increased testing charges and other rates almost competing with rates of corporate hospitals, Vora said these charges were still 70% less than what was being charged by private hospitals.
M J Library budget: Membership fee hiked
Ahmedabad:The annual budget for the AMC-run M J Library presented Thursday with plans to spend Rs 8.88 crore holds promise of modernising library facilities but authorities are silent on the fate of missing books. MJ Library Management Board chairman and Mayor Asit Vora presented the budget giving details of proposals like reducing the grace period for returning due books from one month to a fortnight, jacking up of membership form price to Rs 10, increasing auditorium fees to Rs 2,500 and annual membership fee to Rs 200 and deposit to Rs 300 besides jacking up life membership fee to Rs 1,500.