Rs 2 lakh in cash, jewellery worth lakhs
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
A domestic help from Nepal is suspected to have made off with Rs 2 lakh in cash and gold and diamond jewellery worth lakhs from the house of iron trader Pardeep Gupta at posh colony Aggar Nagar, B block, on Monday night.
Gupta alleged two friends of his domestic help, Prem Bahadur, were also involved in the incident.
Gupta who went to Chandigarh on Monday evening returned late at night and saw his house ransacked and Bahadur missing.
Locks of the safe and almirahs were broken and cash and jewellery were missing. His neighbours told him that they had seen Bahadur along with his two accomplices in the house.