Rs 2 lakh in cash, jewellery worth lakhs
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
A domestic help from Nepal is suspected to have made off with Rs 2 lakh in cash and gold and diamond jewellery worth lakhs from the house of iron trader Pardeep Gupta at posh colony Aggar Nagar, B block, on Monday night.
Gupta alleged two friends of his domestic help, Prem Bahadur, were also involved in the incident.
Gupta who went to Chandigarh on Monday evening returned late at night and saw his house ransacked and Bahadur missing.
Locks of the safe and almirahs were broken and cash and jewellery were missing. His neighbours told him that they had seen Bahadur along with his two accomplices in the house.
Inspector Mandeep Singh, SHO, Sarabha Nagar police station, said Gupta had employed Bahadur around two-and -a-half years ago. The police have launched a manhunt for him.