Rs 2 lakh in cash, jewellery worth lakhs
- Positions hardening, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- After Fali, former SC judge K T Thomas questions Lokpal selection
- Flanked by Paswans, Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
A domestic help from Nepal is suspected to have made off with Rs 2 lakh in cash and gold and diamond jewellery worth lakhs from the house of iron trader Pardeep Gupta at posh colony Aggar Nagar, B block, on Monday night.
Gupta alleged two friends of his domestic help, Prem Bahadur, were also involved in the incident.
Gupta who went to Chandigarh on Monday evening returned late at night and saw his house ransacked and Bahadur missing.
Locks of the safe and almirahs were broken and cash and jewellery were missing. His neighbours told him that they had seen Bahadur along with his two accomplices in the house.
Inspector Mandeep Singh, SHO, Sarabha Nagar police station, said Gupta had employed Bahadur around two-and -a-half years ago. The police have launched a manhunt for him.
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Brothers shot dead: 19-yr-old man arrested
- Jeweller shot at in Mukherjee Nagar
- Facing staff crunch, drug control dept unable to up quality checks
- Civic agency plans to promote cycling in capital
- CISF plans to step up inspections to keep an eye on personnel at Metro stations