Rs 20 cr drafts push up total recovery to Rs 83 cr
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
Stock Guru Couple cheated over 2 lakh people of Rs 500 crore, bought 8 properties in Dwarka and several luxury vehicles.
The 'Stock Guru scam' couple floated several companies, lured people to invest in them, offered to get them into Bollywood — all of this to cheat over two lakh people of Rs 500 crore.
The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Delhi Police Crime Branch on Tuesday claimed to have seized expensive watches that could be used for video recording, SUVs, toy pistols, spy equipment and bank drafts worth nearly Rs 20 crore from them.
The accused — Ulhas Prabhakar Khaire (33) alias Lokeshwar Dev and his wife Raksha Urs (30) alias Priyanka Saraswat Dev — were arrested from Ratnagiri, Maharashtra, earlier this month.
With the recent recoveries from Ratnagiri and Mumbai, the total worth of valuables seized from them has reached Rs 83 crore.
Around 12 properties, including eight flats in Dwarka, Southwest Delhi, and luxury vehicles worth over Rs 60 crore were recovered earlier.
"At their instance, we have recovered bank drafts worth Rs 19.96 crore and their land. We have also seized expensive watches that could be used for recording and seven of their vehicles from Ratnagiri," Joint Commissioner of Police (EOW) Sandeep Goel said.
Khaire and Urs had reportedly cheated several people in Ratnagiri by launching four companies that ran various businesses, including one that promised to land people roles in Bollywood films.
"The couple had offices there and we recovered items such as 20 contact lenses, which they used with various disguises. We also found spy cameras, mobile jammers and other equipment from their property and rented accommodations," Goel said.
The couple had also finalised a script and director for producing a Marathi movie and had advertised that they would train actors, police said.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'