'Rs 29,151cr allocated under schemes for BPL families in FY13'
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
The government has allocated Rs 29,151.89 crore in 2012-13 under various schemes for benefit of families living Below Poverty Line (BPL), the Minister of State for Planning Rajeev Shukla said in Parliament today.
For the year 2012-13, government allocated Rs 11,075 crore under the Indira Awaas Yojana for the benefit of BPL families, the Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and Planning Rajeev Shukla said in a written reply to Lok Sabha.
Under Swaranjayanti Swarozgar Yojana/ National Rural Livelihood Mission Rs 3,915 crore was allocated, Rs 8,447.30 crore under the National Social Assistance Programme, Rs 814.59 crore under the Swaran Jayanti Sahari Rozgar Yojana and Rs 4,900 crore under Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana.
Also, under the Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS),"government is making allocation of foodgrains for accepted number of 6.52 crore Below Poverty Line families, including 2.43 crore Antyodaya Anna Yojana families at 35 kilogram per family per month."
Shukla said the allocation of foodgrains for Above Poverty Line (APL) families are made depending upon availability of foodgrains stocks in the central pool and past off take by states/union territories (UTs).
"Presently, these allocations range between 15 and 35 kg per family per month in different states/UTs," the minister said.
Under Annapurna Scheme, 10kg of foodgrains (rice or wheat) per month are provided free of cost to the destitute who are at least 65 years of age, though eligible but remained uncovered under National Old Age Pension Scheme since April 1, 2000.
- True patriotism requires you to be able to say I am ashamed of my country in certain respects
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?