Rs 62 crore MGNREGA fund released for Arunachal
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Union Rural Development Ministry has released Rs 62 crore to Arunachal Pradesh for implementation of the MGNREGA scheme in the state, officials
said in New Delhi on Thursday.
Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh informed this to state Chief Minister Nabam Tuki during a meeting at the capital on Wednesday.
Ramesh and Tuki also discussed various issues related to Indira Awas Yojana, National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM) and Prime Minister Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY).
Expressing his gratitude to Ramesh, Tuki requested him to consider the remaining 55 schemes under PMGSY pending with the ministry, the sources said.
Ramesh assured him that the schemes meant for new connectivity in the districts of Papum Pare, East Siang, Upper Siang, Kurung Kumey, West Siang and Upper Siang would be favourably considered and advised the state government to resubmit the same with all required details.
Ramesh said he would be visiting Vijoynagar on October 5 to lay the foundation stone of the Miao-Vijoynagar road as he had promised to Tuki earlier.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress