Rs 62 crore MGNREGA fund released for Arunachal
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Union Rural Development Ministry has released Rs 62 crore to Arunachal Pradesh for implementation of the MGNREGA scheme in the state, officials
said in New Delhi on Thursday.
Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh informed this to state Chief Minister Nabam Tuki during a meeting at the capital on Wednesday.
Ramesh and Tuki also discussed various issues related to Indira Awas Yojana, National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM) and Prime Minister Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY).
Expressing his gratitude to Ramesh, Tuki requested him to consider the remaining 55 schemes under PMGSY pending with the ministry, the sources said.
Ramesh assured him that the schemes meant for new connectivity in the districts of Papum Pare, East Siang, Upper Siang, Kurung Kumey, West Siang and Upper Siang would be favourably considered and advised the state government to resubmit the same with all required details.
Ramesh said he would be visiting Vijoynagar on October 5 to lay the foundation stone of the Miao-Vijoynagar road as he had promised to Tuki earlier.