Rs 8,000 cr lying unutilised, Akhilesh still wants more central funds: CLP leader
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
Even as nearly Rs 8,000 crore is lying unutilised — of the Rs 23,000 crore received till November by the state government from the Centre under various schemes — Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav is asking for more funds, Congress Legislative Party (CLP) leader Pradeep Mathur said on Thursday.
"The Centre has been generous to Akhilesh but his government has been unable to properly utilise these funds. The benefits of many central schemes such as MNREGA and PMGSY have not reached many districts and the grassroots in the state," Mathur said. He called for a separate state department to coordinate with the Centre and for preparing "detailed project reports" about these schemes.
Mathur cited "inefficient bureaucracy" and "multiple power centres" as the reasons for "lack of coordination in the state government". He also accused the state government of being biased against Congress MLAs.