RS adjourned over Dalit promotion quota
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR pick regular wickets, stall SRH progress
The Rajya Sabha on Tuesday witnessed an uproar over issues like quota in promotions for SC/ST and alleged scam in a gas exploration venture in poll-bound Gujarat. Arrest of innocent Muslims on false terror charges across the country also led to suspension of question hour, leading to two adjournments before lunch.
The Samajwadi Party first stalled the Question Hour, demanding release of "innocent" Muslim youth arrested on false terror charges across the country. Chairman Hamid Ansari said the issue can be raised after Question Hour but the SP members were unrelenting. As Ansari did not permit them to raise the matter, they rushed into the well of the House leading to adjournment till noon.
When the House reassembled, the SP members again trooped into the well, this time chanting slogans against quota in promotion for SC/STs in government jobs. BSP chief Mayawati and her party members, who have been pushing for the quota, kept silent in their seats as the SP MPs led by Naresh Agrawal shouted slogans. In the Rajya Sabha, members from the Congress waved a news magazine and copies of the report alleging irregularities in a gas deal by the Narendra Modi government in Gujarat.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer