Rs1 lakh cash prize for the winner of I-T Dept mascot contest
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
The Income Tax department has announced a mascot contest for the public that would carry a cash reward of Rs one lakh for the winning entry.
The taxman wants the mascot, which will be used in all communications and publicity purposes of the department, to be "captivating" and "inspiring", particularly to the young and future taxpayers.
"Make sure that the Mascot you develop captures the vision and values of the Income Tax department and exhibits a definite brand recall value. The Mascot should be captivating and inspiring, particularly to the young and future taxpayers," the I-T department said in its advertisement.
"The contest is open for Indian citizens only and the last date for submission of the art work is September 23. A selection committee will select the mascot," a senior I-T
Contest enthusiasts can check out the rules on the official I-T website – www.incometaxindia.gov.in. The department has also formulated some basic vision and values which the mascot should promote like "payment of tax as a value norm in the society and a core duty of every citizen, payment of tax as a contribution of citizen in nation building and ensuring a better future for coming generations, depiction of the department as an enforcement agency as well as a facilitator for voluntary tax compliance and depiction of the department as a friend to every honest taxpayer."
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18