Rs1 lakh cash prize for the winner of I-T Dept mascot contest
- Malaysia signals missing plane carrying 239 including 5 Indians has crashed
- Internal battle in BJP out in open: M M Joshi seeks clarity on Varanasi seat
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
The Income Tax department has announced a mascot contest for the public that would carry a cash reward of Rs one lakh for the winning entry.
The taxman wants the mascot, which will be used in all communications and publicity purposes of the department, to be "captivating" and "inspiring", particularly to the young and future taxpayers.
"Make sure that the Mascot you develop captures the vision and values of the Income Tax department and exhibits a definite brand recall value. The Mascot should be captivating and inspiring, particularly to the young and future taxpayers," the I-T department said in its advertisement.
"The contest is open for Indian citizens only and the last date for submission of the art work is September 23. A selection committee will select the mascot," a senior I-T
Contest enthusiasts can check out the rules on the official I-T website – www.incometaxindia.gov.in. The department has also formulated some basic vision and values which the mascot should promote like "payment of tax as a value norm in the society and a core duty of every citizen, payment of tax as a contribution of citizen in nation building and ensuring a better future for coming generations, depiction of the department as an enforcement agency as well as a facilitator for voluntary tax compliance and depiction of the department as a friend to every honest taxpayer."