RSS forced BJP to name Modi as PM candidate, says Paswan
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
LJP president Ram Vilas Paswan on Saturday said that the RSS has forced BJP to declare Narendra Modi as its PM candidate to check its falling stock, but there was not the 'remotest' chance that the party would come to power.
"Worried over falling stock due to BJP remaining out of power in the last 10 years, RSS forced BJP to declare Narendra Modi in place of L K Advani as Prime Ministerial candidate," Paswan said. "But it will not help RSS as there is not even the remotest chance that BJP will come to power after the 2014 elections."
Blaming Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, he added, "His support for L K Advani and opposition to Narendra Modi provided an opportunity to RSS to play its communal card."
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express