RSS should join politics full time: Digvijaya Singh
- AAP hands over Rs 10 lakh to family of Gajendra Singh, family demands memorial, jobs
- UP tells SC that prosecution on boy for post against Azam Khan will continue
- Uttarakhand CM says Rahul Kedarnath trek shows the way for Char Dham pilgrims
- At protest on net neutrality, Congress asks Centre to stop TRAI move
- Latest drone deaths a reminder of risk of 'deadly mistakes'
Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has said it would be much better if RSS "sheds the garb of being a cultural organisation" and enters full time into politics.
He said RSS had been recently active in ensuring that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was named as BJP's Prime Ministerial nominee.
"If this is not politics, then I do not know what is," he said.
The Congress leader said it was well-known that speeches made by RSS chiefs on Vijaya Dashami over the years are full of reference to politics and even Pakistan.
"RSS is fond of claiming that it was a cultural organisation but it has never done anything even remotely related to culture," Singh said on Saturday.