RSS veteran Pravin Maniar files complaint against Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Fresh FIR against Azam Khan
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP wants to destroy secular values, only Congress promises secularism, says Sonia Gandhi
Senior RSS leader Pravin Maniar has lodged a complaint against former cricketer and BJP leader Navjot Singh Sidhu with the EC and the local police for his remarks against GPP leader Keshubhai Patel. Campaigning for BJP MLA in Visavadar recently, Sidhu had allegedly called Keshubhai an "anti-nationl" leader and said that giving vote to him was like eating "beef".
In his complaint filed with city police commissioner H P Singh, Maniar, a close aide of Keshubhai, said Sidhu had hurt sentiments of lakhs of Hindus by making such remarks. In a separate complaint filed with the EC, he said Sidhu had violated model code of conduct and action should be taken against him.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit