RSS veteran Pravin Maniar files complaint against Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Missing Malaysian jetliner: Plane's disappearance deliberate, says Malaysian PM
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
- Arrest warrant issued against Devyani Khobragade in US visa fraud case
- Unfazed, Arvind Kejriwal fires yet another salvo at media
- CRPF says police stalled its plan, may have averted Maoist ambush
Senior RSS leader Pravin Maniar has lodged a complaint against former cricketer and BJP leader Navjot Singh Sidhu with the EC and the local police for his remarks against GPP leader Keshubhai Patel. Campaigning for BJP MLA in Visavadar recently, Sidhu had allegedly called Keshubhai an "anti-nationl" leader and said that giving vote to him was like eating "beef".
In his complaint filed with city police commissioner H P Singh, Maniar, a close aide of Keshubhai, said Sidhu had hurt sentiments of lakhs of Hindus by making such remarks. In a separate complaint filed with the EC, he said Sidhu had violated model code of conduct and action should be taken against him.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy