RSS veteran Pravin Maniar files complaint against Navjot Singh Sidhu
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Senior RSS leader Pravin Maniar has lodged a complaint against former cricketer and BJP leader Navjot Singh Sidhu with the EC and the local police for his remarks against GPP leader Keshubhai Patel. Campaigning for BJP MLA in Visavadar recently, Sidhu had allegedly called Keshubhai an "anti-nationl" leader and said that giving vote to him was like eating "beef".
In his complaint filed with city police commissioner H P Singh, Maniar, a close aide of Keshubhai, said Sidhu had hurt sentiments of lakhs of Hindus by making such remarks. In a separate complaint filed with the EC, he said Sidhu had violated model code of conduct and action should be taken against him.