RSS-sponsored cow urine drug gets US, China patents
- Beef row: Amit Shah reprimands BJP 'motormouths' over controversial remarks
- NJAC SC verdict: Democracy cannot be 'tyranny of the unelected', says Arun Jaitley
- Rajkot police to file FIR against Hardik Patel for 'insulting' tricolour
- I am not Sheila Dikshit, will not let you sleep peacefully: Kejriwal to Modi on Delhi rapes
- After Express report on Pepsi displeasure, BCCI gets Vivo to sponsor IPL
It's the RSS's pet project, but partnered by the National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI) and validated four times over by patents granted by the US and China. Sounds like a heady cocktail, but is, in fact, all about cow's urine. After two earlier patents by the US, one confirming its drug-availability enhancing property and the other for its anti-cancer and anti-infective properties, the results of NEERI-Go-vigyan Anusandhan Kendra (an RSS front) joint experiment on Gomutra Ark formulation has now been validated, apart from the US, by Leftist China — this time for its anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial and cell permeability enhancing properties.
While the Chinese patent (100475221) came on April 8, 2009, the US patent (7718360) was granted on May 18, 2010. The two patents have certified that the composition is useful for protecting and/or repairing DNA from oxidative damages. DNA oxidation is known to to cause cancer.
"The patents have validated our results," NEERI's acting Director Tapan Chakravarti told mediapersons at a press conference here. "Many patients, some of them terminally ill with diseases like cancer, have come to the Go-vigyan Kendra for treatment and have claimed to have benefited from Gomutra Ark," he said.