RTI activist denied info on Kasabís final hours
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
A Pune-based RTI activist has been denied information on the interaction of Ajmal Kasab with jail officials from the moment he was informed that his clemency plea has been denied to the time he was hanged. Vihar Durve had filed an RTI application to the jail officials at Yerawada and Arthur Road Prison.
"Many versions of his last words have been published. There were also stories of him asking for tomatoes to eat on the day before he was hanged. I wanted to get all these details. Information on all the 11 queries have been denied under Section 8 of the RTI Act 2005. They quoted all possible sub-sections used to deny info. They have written that if I am unhappy with the answer, I can make an appeal," he told The Indian Express.
Durve had also asked information on reasons why Kasab was buried in the jail premises. "I will go for an appeal and I am ready to move the court if I am denied information again," he said.
- Terror accused wrongly jailed for 14 yrs, NHRC notices to Home Ministry, police
- SP hints no candidates against Sonia, Rahul
- In Hills, BJP gains GJM edge
- Delhi Police forms patrol teams to check pick-pocketing in Metro
- Two months to go and EC receives myriad complaints
- Maharashtra hailstorm hits crop worth Rs 5,000 cr
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress