Rukhsana to be felicitated in Gujarat
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stopped in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
The All India Anti-Terrorist Front (AIATF), Gujarat chapter, will confer Sardar Patel Award on Rukhsana Kausar and Ajaz Ahmed for their courageous fight against terrorists in Rajouri, Jammu and Kashmir. The two had shot dead one top militant of Lashkar-e-Toiba and forced others to flee from the spot.
The function will be organised on Wednesday at the Town Hall on Ashram Road, where AIATF chairman M S Bitta will confer the honour on the two. Bitta will also present a cheque of Rs 1 lakh to both as appreciation of their bravery. "Rukhsana has set an example for other girls to face the evil designs of terrorism boldly in J&K. Since Gujarat is also hit by terrorism, we will present the award here. We have also invited a lot of girls to listen to Rukhsana's message. She will be talking about how she encountered the dreaded terrorists and the need of training for people, especially youth, to counter terrorism," he said.
Swami Dharambandhu of Prasla will be the chief guest at the event.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18