Rukhsana to be felicitated in Gujarat
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
The All India Anti-Terrorist Front (AIATF), Gujarat chapter, will confer Sardar Patel Award on Rukhsana Kausar and Ajaz Ahmed for their courageous fight against terrorists in Rajouri, Jammu and Kashmir. The two had shot dead one top militant of Lashkar-e-Toiba and forced others to flee from the spot.
The function will be organised on Wednesday at the Town Hall on Ashram Road, where AIATF chairman M S Bitta will confer the honour on the two. Bitta will also present a cheque of Rs 1 lakh to both as appreciation of their bravery. "Rukhsana has set an example for other girls to face the evil designs of terrorism boldly in J&K. Since Gujarat is also hit by terrorism, we will present the award here. We have also invited a lot of girls to listen to Rukhsana's message. She will be talking about how she encountered the dreaded terrorists and the need of training for people, especially youth, to counter terrorism," he said.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages