Rukhsana to be felicitated in Gujarat
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
The All India Anti-Terrorist Front (AIATF), Gujarat chapter, will confer Sardar Patel Award on Rukhsana Kausar and Ajaz Ahmed for their courageous fight against terrorists in Rajouri, Jammu and Kashmir. The two had shot dead one top militant of Lashkar-e-Toiba and forced others to flee from the spot.
The function will be organised on Wednesday at the Town Hall on Ashram Road, where AIATF chairman M S Bitta will confer the honour on the two. Bitta will also present a cheque of Rs 1 lakh to both as appreciation of their bravery. "Rukhsana has set an example for other girls to face the evil designs of terrorism boldly in J&K. Since Gujarat is also hit by terrorism, we will present the award here. We have also invited a lot of girls to listen to Rukhsana's message. She will be talking about how she encountered the dreaded terrorists and the need of training for people, especially youth, to counter terrorism," he said.
Swami Dharambandhu of Prasla will be the chief guest at the event.