Rule of force
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
Meanwhile, with a few exceptions, the dome and wall have so insulated the Israeli left and centre from the effects of the Israeli occupation that their main candidates for the January 22 elections are not even offering peace ideas but simply conceding the right's dominance on that issue and focusing on bringing down housing prices and school class sizes.
I am glad that the wall and the Iron Dome are sheltering Israelis from enemies who wish to do them ill, but I fear the wall and the Iron Dome are also blinding them from truths they still badly need to face.THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN