Rules waived to appoint PU
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
A city based RTI activist, Dr Rajinder K Singla, has written to the Panjab University (PU) Chancellor Dr Mohammad Hamid Ansari alleging that the varsity had brushed all the rules aside while appointing Vice -Chancellor Prof Arun Grover's wife Dr Neera Grover as professor in the Department of Music.
Though the appointment letter had already been issued to her, the issue is to be placed before the Senate in its meeting scheduled for December 22, read the complaint letter of Dr Singla. When asked about the issue, the V-C Prof Grover said that he does not want to comment on it.