Running After DK
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
- Ordinances on Seemandhra, Rahul Bills are likely today
Aamir Khan calms down frazzled Delhi-based artists Thukral and Tagra, whose project Bosedk is similar to Delhi Belly's hit song
Bosedk has given Aamir Khan sleepless nights, confessed the actor-director at a press conference in Delhi yesterday. Confused? Ask Delhi-based contemporary artists, Jiten Thukral and Sumir Tagra, popularly known as Thukral and Tagra (T&T), who had taken on Khan for "copyright infringement," because the title of his oh-so-controversial track, Bhaag DK Bose, from Delhi Belly was similar to their art project, Bosedk designs, which started in 2003.
Even as Bhaag DK Bose reached cult status and everyone from your father to your friend began to chant the lyrics, T&T found their own project fading in the glitz. "When we heard of the popularity of Bhaag DK Bose, we were concerned that it would impact our reputation as artists. Each time someone makes an online search for our works now, they are taken to the song, Bhaag DK Bose," said Tagra, explaining that Bosedk comprises a series of oil on canvas paintings. The artists have displayed installations titled, Keep Out of the Reach of Children, under the Bosedk project at Gallery Nature Morte in 2007. Tagra also recently exhibited a painting, Life Cycle 2, from the project at the Venice Biennale.
The duo initiated action against this "uncanny coincidence" a week ago by filing a PIL in a Gurgaon court against Aamir Khan Productions. The savvy Khan stepped in, and the matter was sorted out amicably at his Mumbai house. "I invited the duo to my house in Mumbai after I heard of their concerns. The interaction started with suspicion, fear and anger, but by the end of it, we had sorted out the issue and I had discovered two talented artists. I respect the works of other creative people," clarified the actor-producer, adding a footnote, "I am still puzzled by the issue, since my song is Bhaag DK Bose and not Bosedk."
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today