Running After DK
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Bosedk has given Aamir Khan sleepless nights, confessed the actor-director at a press conference in Delhi yesterday. Confused? Ask Delhi-based contemporary artists, Jiten Thukral and Sumir Tagra, popularly known as Thukral and Tagra (T&T), who had taken on Khan for "copyright infringement," because the title of his oh-so-controversial track, Bhaag DK Bose, from Delhi Belly was similar to their art project, Bosedk designs, which started in 2003.
Even as Bhaag DK Bose reached cult status and everyone from your father to your friend began to chant the lyrics, T&T found their own project fading in the glitz. "When we heard of the popularity of Bhaag DK Bose, we were concerned that it would impact our reputation as artists. Each time someone makes an online search for our works now, they are taken to the song, Bhaag DK Bose," said Tagra, explaining that Bosedk comprises a series of oil on canvas paintings. The artists have displayed installations titled, Keep Out of the Reach of Children, under the Bosedk project at Gallery Nature Morte in 2007. Tagra also recently exhibited a painting, Life Cycle 2, from the project at the Venice Biennale.
The duo initiated action against this "uncanny coincidence" a week ago by filing a PIL in a Gurgaon court against Aamir Khan Productions. The savvy Khan stepped in, and the matter was sorted out amicably at his Mumbai house. "I invited the duo to my house in Mumbai after I heard of their concerns. The interaction started with suspicion, fear and anger, but by the end of it, we had sorted out the issue and I had discovered two talented artists. I respect the works of other creative people," clarified the actor-producer, adding a footnote, "I am still puzzled by the issue, since my song is Bhaag DK Bose and not Bosedk."
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress