Rupee declines by 13 paise against dollar in late morning
- Pravin Togadia under fire over hate-speech, RSS says comments fabricated
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP blocked Telangana Bill in Parliament, says Rahul Gandhi
The Indian rupee dropped by 13 paise to 53.95 against the American currency in the late morning trade on dollar demand from banks and importers on the back of higher dollar in overseas market.
The rupee resumed lower at 53.85 per dollar as against the yesterday's closing level of 53.82 per dollar at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) Market and declined further to 53.96 per dollar before quoting at 53.95 at 1040 hrs.
It moved in a range of 53.85 per dollar and 53.95 per dollar during the morning deals.
In New York market, the US dollar trimmed its loss against the yen yesterday as investors sorted out the stance by the world's largest industrialised economies on recent weakness in Japan's currency.
Meanwhile, the Indian benchmark Sensex failed to maintain initial gains and was quoted lower by 28 points or 0.14 per cent to 19,580.48 at 1050 hrs
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota