Rupee down 14 paise against American dollar in opening trade
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
The rupee declined by 14 paise to Rs 54.36 per dollar in early trade on the Interbank Foreign Exchange market today, weighed down by dollar's gains against other currency rivals.
Forex dealers said besides dollar gains against other Asian currencies, a higher opening in the stock market amid foreign fund outflows put pressure on the rupee. The rupee had lost 30 paise to 54.22 against the US dollar in Friday trade due to renewed dollar demand and firm global cues.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex higher by 32.80 points, or 0.16 per cent, to 19,500.95.