Rupee hits over 3-month high of 53.19 Vs USD
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
The premium for the forward dollar recovered on fresh payments from banks and corporates.
The benchmark six-month forward dollar premium payable in July ended up at 184-186 paise from Thursday's close of 183-185 paise.
Far-forward contracts maturing in January also rose to 345-347 paise from 342-344 paise.
The RBI has fixed the reference rate for the US dollar at 53.3238 and for euro at 72.6296.
The rupee fell back against the pound sterling to 84.17 from previous close of 84.03 and also turned negative to end at 72.60 per euro from 72.11.
It, however, rebounded against the Japanese yen to 57.75 per 100 yen from last close of 58.48.