Rupee marginally up against US dollar
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
The rupee rose marginally up at 54.25 against the dollar in early trade today on the Interbank Foreign Exchange amid firm stocks markets.
The rupee had strengthened by a whopping 58 paise to close at over three-week high of 54.26 against the US dollar in the previous session on Friday.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex rrose by 68.45 points, or 0.35 per cent, to 19,408.35.
In global markets, the euro rose to a six-week high against the US dollar.