Rupee up 22 paise against US dollar in early trade
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
The rupee today rose by 22 paise to 54.10 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (forex) market on selling of US currency by exporters and banks.
Forex dealers said strengthening of euro against the US dollar overseas and a higher opening in the domestic equity market also supported the rupee.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex rose by 66.46 points, or 0.34 per cent, to 19,421.72 in early trade today.
The rupee had lost six paise to close at 54.32 against the dollar in the previous session due to fresh demand for the American currency from importers.