Rupee up 26 paise against US dollar in early trade
- Putin gets Russia Senate nod to use military in Ukraine
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Varanasi: Rahul woos rickshawpullers, promises better livelihood
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
The rupee today gained 26 paise to 53.60 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on increased selling of the US currency by exporters.
Forex dealers said strengthening of euro against the dollar overseas and a higher opening in the equity market also supported the rupee.
The local currency had gained 23 paise to close at 53.86 yesterday on dollar selling as Economic Survey strengthened forex market's expectations of Union Budget taking fiscally prudent steps to attract foreign investors.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex rose by 162.86 points, or 0.85 per cent, to 19,315.27 in early trade today.