Rupee up 26 paise against US dollar in early trade
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
The rupee today gained 26 paise to 53.60 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on increased selling of the US currency by exporters.
Forex dealers said strengthening of euro against the dollar overseas and a higher opening in the equity market also supported the rupee.
The local currency had gained 23 paise to close at 53.86 yesterday on dollar selling as Economic Survey strengthened forex market's expectations of Union Budget taking fiscally prudent steps to attract foreign investors.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2