Rupee up 6 paise Vs US dollar in early trade
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
The rupee today rose by six paise to 53.65 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market on continued selling of the US currency by exporters and banks.
Forex dealers said a higher opening in the domestic equity market and strengthening of euro against the dollar overseas, also supported the rupee.
The rupee had gained a whopping 68 paise to close at a two-and-half-month high of 53.71 against the dollar on Friday on sustained selling of the American currency by exporters after partial deregulation of diesel prices.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex rose by 66.79 points, or 0.33 per cent,to 20,105.83 in early trade today.