Russell Brand's spiritual mentor Tej Kaur Khalsa refuses fancy car
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
British comedian Russell Brand's yoga teacher reportedly refused to accept a posh car gifted to her by him.
The "Arthur" actor and comedian is a huge fan and practitioner of the ancient Indian relaxation techniques, and wanted to express his thanks to "spiritual mentor" Tej Kaur Khalsa with a lavish gift, reported Daily Star.
"Russell wanted to thank Tej for being his long-term yoga instructor and spiritual mentor. So he decided to buy her a Hyundai Santa Fe SUV, which cost him USD 33,000. He knew she wanted the car and was happy to stump up the cash for it.
"But Tej wasn't too pleased initially when she found out, saying he should keep his money or give it to someone who needs it more. She was grateful for the gesture though," a source said.