Russia attack caused by suicide bomber, toll up to 14
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR struggle in modest chase against SRH
A deadly bombing on a packed trolleybus in the Russian city of Volgograd was caused by a male suicide bomber, investigators said on Monday, as the official death toll rose to 14 people.
"The explosives were detonated by a male suicide bomber, fragments of whose body have been found," the Investigative Committee said, adding that the kind of explosive used showed the trolleybus attack and a deadly strike on Sunday on Volgograd train station could have been jointly planned.
Health ministry spokesman Oleg Salagai told Russian state television that 14 people were killed in the trolleybus bombing and 28 wounded.
President Vladimir Putin ordered security stepped up across all of Russia after bombings, the national anti-terror committee announced.
- L-G green light for proposal to make helmets mandatory for women
- Ready for elections: Parties
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post