Russia attack caused by suicide bomber, toll up to 14
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
A deadly bombing on a packed trolleybus in the Russian city of Volgograd was caused by a male suicide bomber, investigators said on Monday, as the official death toll rose to 14 people.
"The explosives were detonated by a male suicide bomber, fragments of whose body have been found," the Investigative Committee said, adding that the kind of explosive used showed the trolleybus attack and a deadly strike on Sunday on Volgograd train station could have been jointly planned.
Health ministry spokesman Oleg Salagai told Russian state television that 14 people were killed in the trolleybus bombing and 28 wounded.
President Vladimir Putin ordered security stepped up across all of Russia after bombings, the national anti-terror committee announced.
- BJP Dalit leader mounts pressure on Kejriwal over AAP’s stand on reservation
- PGI gets 10 new glaucoma cases of kids every month
- Balongi: 4 more water samples fail; 3 kids among 4 new patients
- Kejriwal gave ‘misleading information’ about assets, complainant tells court
- Was told not to talk of Jaspal Bhatti… He was my husband, my motivation: Savita
- Delhi EC moots longer polling hours
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress