Russian air hostess sacked for obscene gesture
- India is now one of the most open countries for foreign investments: PM Modi
- India does not accept intolerance even if it is one or two or three incidents: Modi in UK
- 200 writers urge David Cameron to help 'safeguard freedom of expression in India'
- Woman gangraped by two security guards at Bengaluru's Cubbon Park
- 16 killed in twin suicide blasts in Beirut's Shiite suburb
A Russian air hostess has been sacked for posting a picture of herself giving passengers the finger – after it ended up on Twitter.
Flight attendant Tatiana Kozlenko put a cheeky snap of herself giving the unknowing passengers the finger on her personal page on Vkontakte, one of Russia's most popular Facebook-style social networks.
Within hours the snap had clocked up dozens of 'Likes'.
But Tatiana came down to earth with a bump when the photo was posted on Twitter and retweeted by hundreds of fans, British tabloid The Sun reported today.
Russian Airlines Aeroflot – who announced the sacking on their Twitter account – said: "Posting this photo shows Tatiana's attitude towards passengers and her duties. She acknowledged her fault when she spoke to her managers."
But furious Tatiana claims it isn't her arm in the snap – or even one of her airline's planes.
She said on her Vkontakte page: "I don't consider myself guilty! The photo was added to my page, I only tagged myself on it!!!
- With a few modifications, MGNREGA can dent poverty
- Centre should merge excise and service tax regimes as a precursor to GST
- Sanskrit and Persian have much in common
- Borrowing costs for states with varying deficits can’t be the same
- Best investment treaty
- Discrimination on basis of caste is continuing reality, state can't shirk responsibility