Russian air hostess sacked for obscene gesture
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
A Russian air hostess has been sacked for posting a picture of herself giving passengers the finger – after it ended up on Twitter.
Flight attendant Tatiana Kozlenko put a cheeky snap of herself giving the unknowing passengers the finger on her personal page on Vkontakte, one of Russia's most popular Facebook-style social networks.
Within hours the snap had clocked up dozens of 'Likes'.
But Tatiana came down to earth with a bump when the photo was posted on Twitter and retweeted by hundreds of fans, British tabloid The Sun reported today.
Russian Airlines Aeroflot – who announced the sacking on their Twitter account – said: "Posting this photo shows Tatiana's attitude towards passengers and her duties. She acknowledged her fault when she spoke to her managers."
But furious Tatiana claims it isn't her arm in the snap – or even one of her airline's planes.
She said on her Vkontakte page: "I don't consider myself guilty! The photo was added to my page, I only tagged myself on it!!!
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness