Russian air hostess sacked for obscene gesture
- WB election: Heavy violence reported in Basanti between TMC, RSP workers
- UPA must answer who received kickbacks in Agusta deal, says Manohar Parrikar
- Adarsh housing society scam: Demolition order a setback for Congress in Maharashtra
- Lenders begin auction of brand Kingfisher, trademarks
- Middleman Michel claims he signed nothing, records show he did — on ‘payoffs’
A Russian air hostess has been sacked for posting a picture of herself giving passengers the finger – after it ended up on Twitter.
Flight attendant Tatiana Kozlenko put a cheeky snap of herself giving the unknowing passengers the finger on her personal page on Vkontakte, one of Russia's most popular Facebook-style social networks.
Within hours the snap had clocked up dozens of 'Likes'.
But Tatiana came down to earth with a bump when the photo was posted on Twitter and retweeted by hundreds of fans, British tabloid The Sun reported today.
Russian Airlines Aeroflot – who announced the sacking on their Twitter account – said: "Posting this photo shows Tatiana's attitude towards passengers and her duties. She acknowledged her fault when she spoke to her managers."
But furious Tatiana claims it isn't her arm in the snap – or even one of her airline's planes.
She said on her Vkontakte page: "I don't consider myself guilty! The photo was added to my page, I only tagged myself on it!!!