Russian Ambassador touches Advani's feet
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
In a rare gesture, Russian Ambassador to India Alexander M Kadakin today broke away from diplomatic protocol and touched the feet of BJP veteran L K Advani while visiting the leader to wish him on his 85th birthday.
Kadakin was one of the first visitors to reach Advani's residence this morning to greet him on his birthday. Advani received him in the portico of his bungalow.
Soon after alighting from his car, Kadakin presented Advani with a bouquet. He then bent down to touch Advani's feet to seek his blessings.
Such a gesture is virtually unheard of in diplomatic circles as most diplomats and heads of state or government only go to the extent of folding their hands in a 'namaste' to wish an Indian leader. Shaking of hands is the norm in such meetings.