Ryan International lords over Dev Samaj
- After Fali Nariman, former SC judge questions Lokpal selection process
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Flanked by Paswans, Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Gadkari âproposalâ for Raj: Donât put up candidates for LS
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
Buoyed by an all-round performance from Harmandeep Singh (50 runs and 2 for 10), Ryan International School, Sector 49, recorded a fine 45-run win over Dev Samaj School, Sector 21, in a match played during Blessed Edmund Rice Cricket Tournament for Under-17, at St John's School, Sector 26, Chandigarh, on Friday. Batting first, Ryan School posted a total of 147 runs for the loss of nine wickets in 20 overs. Harmandeep (50) and Kartik Kapoor (21) were the main architects of the Ryan innings. For Dev Samaj, Navdeep bowled well to scalp three wickets. In reply, Ryan bowlers bowled out the opposition for 102 runs in 16.2 overs.
St Soldier's School claim title
St Soldier's School, Chandigarh claimed the overall title in the Idea Juniors Championship League which concluded at Sector 46 Sports Complex on Friday. The event saw the participation of students from 33 schools and competing against each other in seven sports categories. The winning team was given a cash prize of Rs 20,000.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore