Ryan International lords over Dev Samaj
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
Buoyed by an all-round performance from Harmandeep Singh (50 runs and 2 for 10), Ryan International School, Sector 49, recorded a fine 45-run win over Dev Samaj School, Sector 21, in a match played during Blessed Edmund Rice Cricket Tournament for Under-17, at St John's School, Sector 26, Chandigarh, on Friday. Batting first, Ryan School posted a total of 147 runs for the loss of nine wickets in 20 overs. Harmandeep (50) and Kartik Kapoor (21) were the main architects of the Ryan innings. For Dev Samaj, Navdeep bowled well to scalp three wickets. In reply, Ryan bowlers bowled out the opposition for 102 runs in 16.2 overs.
St Soldier's School claim title
St Soldier's School, Chandigarh claimed the overall title in the Idea Juniors Championship League which concluded at Sector 46 Sports Complex on Friday. The event saw the participation of students from 33 schools and competing against each other in seven sports categories. The winning team was given a cash prize of Rs 20,000.