Sabarkantha SP office offers shelter, food to devotees
- Tera Gurdip bach gaya: Indian on death row in Indonesia tells wife in phone call
- Pune building collapses, at least nine dead
- Mehbooba: Sacrifice of children won’t go waste; securitymen had no idea they were targeting Burhan
- 'Voodoo statistics!' P Chidambaram rejects Arun Jaitley's inflation remarks
- Senior Congress leader Capt Ajay Yadav to quit party
In a first for Gujarat Police, the Sabarkantha police started food and shelter facilities for devotees travelling on foot to Bhadarva Poonam Fair at Ambaji temple from Friday.
The temple hosts a grand fair and celebration on the full moon day of Bhadarva month that starts on September 19.
The Sabarkantha Police set up mandaps and water coolers at the SP's office at Himmatnagar for devotees to rest. The programme was inaugurated by the district SP Chirag Koradia, in presence of the chief guest — former minister of state home Praful Patel.
The inauguration started with the deity's aarti performed at the SP office by priests and police officers.
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage