Sabarkantha SP office offers shelter, food to devotees
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
In a first for Gujarat Police, the Sabarkantha police started food and shelter facilities for devotees travelling on foot to Bhadarva Poonam Fair at Ambaji temple from Friday.
The temple hosts a grand fair and celebration on the full moon day of Bhadarva month that starts on September 19.
The Sabarkantha Police set up mandaps and water coolers at the SP's office at Himmatnagar for devotees to rest. The programme was inaugurated by the district SP Chirag Koradia, in presence of the chief guest — former minister of state home Praful Patel.
The inauguration started with the deity's aarti performed at the SP office by priests and police officers.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly