Sabotage! Mumbai-Thiruvananthapuram Express runs over concrete slab
- Narendra Modi to contest from Varanasi, Rajnath from Lucknow
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- MH370 continued flying for 6 hours, could have gone towards Kazakhstan or south of Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
An express train today ran over a thick concrete slab placed across the railway track near here this morning without suffering any damage.
The loco pilot of the Mumbai-Thiruvananthapuram Express, which ran over the slab, informed police and railway authorities after stopping the train at the next station, police said.
The slab was placed across the track between Eravipuram and Mayyanad stations, about 8 km from here, they said adding it broke into pieces as the train ran over it.
Police have begun an investigation and said the possibility of a sabotage attempt could not be immediately ruled out as anti-social elements often gathered at the spot during the nights.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy