Sabotage! Mumbai-Thiruvananthapuram Express runs over concrete slab
- Nepal Earthquake: Rains, fresh tremors hamper rescue works, toll tops 2,500
- Nepal earthquake: 22 climbers dead in avalanche on Mt Everest
- Nepal Earthquake: Air services resumed to Kathmandu
- NDRF rescue team begins sifting through rubble in Nepal
- Heavy rains likely in quake-hit Nepal, warns Indian Meteorological Dept
An express train today ran over a thick concrete slab placed across the railway track near here this morning without suffering any damage.
The loco pilot of the Mumbai-Thiruvananthapuram Express, which ran over the slab, informed police and railway authorities after stopping the train at the next station, police said.
The slab was placed across the track between Eravipuram and Mayyanad stations, about 8 km from here, they said adding it broke into pieces as the train ran over it.
Police have begun an investigation and said the possibility of a sabotage attempt could not be immediately ruled out as anti-social elements often gathered at the spot during the nights.