Sabotage! Mumbai-Thiruvananthapuram Express runs over concrete slab
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
An express train today ran over a thick concrete slab placed across the railway track near here this morning without suffering any damage.
The loco pilot of the Mumbai-Thiruvananthapuram Express, which ran over the slab, informed police and railway authorities after stopping the train at the next station, police said.
The slab was placed across the track between Eravipuram and Mayyanad stations, about 8 km from here, they said adding it broke into pieces as the train ran over it.
Police have begun an investigation and said the possibility of a sabotage attempt could not be immediately ruled out as anti-social elements often gathered at the spot during the nights.