Sachin Tendulkar a 'Bharat Ratna' for Indians: BJP
- Narendra Modi new talking point in Tamil Nadu, but few say they will vote for him
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- Pratapgarh Dalits angry with Mayawati, Muslims feel âunsafeâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Bismillah Khan's family says no to propose Modi's name
Hailing Sachin Tendulkar's contribution to cricket, BJP today said the nation will remain grateful to him and the living legend will remain a "Bharat Ratna" in the hearts of the people.
As Tendulkar announced his retirement from one-day format of the game, party spokesperson Prakash Javedkar said, "He is 'Bharat Ratna' in the hearts of the people whether government gives him the title or not."
As he is still playing test cricket, the nation hopes he will create more records, the spokesman said.
Sachin today retired from one-day internationals after a glorious career spanning 23 years during which he re-wrote record books with his phenomenal feats.
39-year-old Tendulkar conveyed his decision to the BCCI, which issued a statement on his behalf.
For more on Sachin Tendulkar follow Anant Goenka on Twitter: @anantgoenka
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota