Sachin Tendulkar a 'Bharat Ratna' for Indians: BJP
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Hailing Sachin Tendulkar's contribution to cricket, BJP today said the nation will remain grateful to him and the living legend will remain a "Bharat Ratna" in the hearts of the people.
As Tendulkar announced his retirement from one-day format of the game, party spokesperson Prakash Javedkar said, "He is 'Bharat Ratna' in the hearts of the people whether government gives him the title or not."
As he is still playing test cricket, the nation hopes he will create more records, the spokesman said.
Sachin today retired from one-day internationals after a glorious career spanning 23 years during which he re-wrote record books with his phenomenal feats.
39-year-old Tendulkar conveyed his decision to the BCCI, which issued a statement on his behalf.
For more on Sachin Tendulkar follow Anant Goenka on Twitter: @anantgoenka