Sachin Tendulkar unveils his superstitious side as he gears up for IPL
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- For hate speech, EC orders UP not to let Amit Shah, Azam campaign
Mumbai Indians' iconic player, Sachin Tendulkar does not want to set any targets for himself in the Indian Premier League season-6 as the senior Indian batsman is focused on winning the maiden IPL crown for the home team's loyal fans. "I don't like to set targets for myself, even if I set targets, I like to keep it to myself. I am little superstitious that way," said Tendulkar.
"The (team) target is to win the tournament, that's what all of us wanted to do. It would be a fantastic gift for all the Mumbai Indians fans. I always wanted to win it. We go out there to win and give our best. Leave the rest to the almighty," Tendulkar told a TV channel on the sidelines of a function here.
Tendulkar, who would be playing under the captaincy of former Australian skipper Ricky Ponting this season, said the team has prepared well for the tournament and will go all out to win the trophy.
"In the earlier seasons also, we always went out to win the tournament but it wasn't so. Once we got really close and on a couple of occasions, we made it to the semis. All I can promise on behalf of Mumbai Indians team, on behalf of the players, our commitment, focus and dedication will be there.
"No one can guarantee results but one thing we can guarantee is our commitment. Our commitment will be there and we expect the same kind of support that we have received in the last five years. It's terrific to have that kind of support which helps us to give our best as a team," he added.
Mumbai Indians will start their IPL 2013 campaign on April 4 in Bangalore against Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit