Sachin Tendulkar worships at Lord Venkateswara temple
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
Batsman Sachin Tendulkar traveled to the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateshwara near Tirupati late last night.
Tendulkar arrived on a 10-hour maiden pilgrimage on the hills at midnight and offered worship in the traditional manner. Wearing a white dhoti and shirt he took part in the 'Suprabhatha recitation seva' (a ritual), temple sources said.
Tendulkar was in the temple for about 20 minutes.After which, he was presented with 'laddu' prasadam, holy water and a sacred silk cloth by the temple management while the priests, chanting Vedic hymns, blessed him at the ancient Ranganayaka Mandapam inside the temple, they added.