Sachin Tendulkar worships at Lord Venkateswara temple
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
Batsman Sachin Tendulkar traveled to the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateshwara near Tirupati late last night.
Tendulkar arrived on a 10-hour maiden pilgrimage on the hills at midnight and offered worship in the traditional manner. Wearing a white dhoti and shirt he took part in the 'Suprabhatha recitation seva' (a ritual), temple sources said.
Tendulkar was in the temple for about 20 minutes.After which, he was presented with 'laddu' prasadam, holy water and a sacred silk cloth by the temple management while the priests, chanting Vedic hymns, blessed him at the ancient Ranganayaka Mandapam inside the temple, they added.