Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan to play Ranji opener against Railways
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK wreak havoc on DD with clinical bowling
Senior cricketers Sachin Tendulkar and Zaheer Khan were today included in the Mumbai squad to play against Railways in the Ranji Trophy league opener at the Wankhede Stadium here from November 2-5.
The team will be captained by Ajit Agarkar, a media release from Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) Joint Secretary, Nitin Dalal, said today.
Tendulkar will be playing for his home association after a gap of two seasons, having last represented Mumbai in the Ranji Trophy final against Uttar Pradesh at Hyderabad in January 2009.
Zaheer, meanwhile, played a couple of away games for Mumbai on his comeback trial to cricket after an injury lay-off last season .
Both Tendulkar and Zaheer are gearing themselves up for the home Test series against England with the opening match scheduled at Ahmedabad from November 15.
Mumbai squad: Ajit Agarkar (Captain), Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan, Ramesh Powar, Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Abhishek Nayar, Kaustubh Pawar, Dhaval Kulkarni, Ankit Chavan, Iqbal Abdullah, Aditya Tare, Akhil Herwadkar.
Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota