Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan to play Ranji opener against Railways
- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
Senior cricketers Sachin Tendulkar and Zaheer Khan were today included in the Mumbai squad to play against Railways in the Ranji Trophy league opener at the Wankhede Stadium here from November 2-5.
The team will be captained by Ajit Agarkar, a media release from Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) Joint Secretary, Nitin Dalal, said today.
Tendulkar will be playing for his home association after a gap of two seasons, having last represented Mumbai in the Ranji Trophy final against Uttar Pradesh at Hyderabad in January 2009.
Zaheer, meanwhile, played a couple of away games for Mumbai on his comeback trial to cricket after an injury lay-off last season .
Both Tendulkar and Zaheer are gearing themselves up for the home Test series against England with the opening match scheduled at Ahmedabad from November 15.
Mumbai squad: Ajit Agarkar (Captain), Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan, Ramesh Powar, Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Abhishek Nayar, Kaustubh Pawar, Dhaval Kulkarni, Ankit Chavan, Iqbal Abdullah, Aditya Tare, Akhil Herwadkar.
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy
- Fifth column: War, not terrorism
- Out of my mind: The Chinese way
- Inside track: Keeping him away
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.