Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan to play Ranji opener against Railways
- Gujarat CM: Nitin Patel's name to be announced at 4 pm, has PM backing
- Lockheed Martin will shift fighter aircraft's production line to India, but with a condition
- I had not gone to Pakistan to have lunch: Rajnath Singh in Rajya Sabha
- GST Bill to be introduced in Lok Sabha on August 8 for ratification
- BJP looks for new CM for Gujarat, Patels flex muscles
Senior cricketers Sachin Tendulkar and Zaheer Khan were today included in the Mumbai squad to play against Railways in the Ranji Trophy league opener at the Wankhede Stadium here from November 2-5.
The team will be captained by Ajit Agarkar, a media release from Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) Joint Secretary, Nitin Dalal, said today.
Tendulkar will be playing for his home association after a gap of two seasons, having last represented Mumbai in the Ranji Trophy final against Uttar Pradesh at Hyderabad in January 2009.
Zaheer, meanwhile, played a couple of away games for Mumbai on his comeback trial to cricket after an injury lay-off last season .
Both Tendulkar and Zaheer are gearing themselves up for the home Test series against England with the opening match scheduled at Ahmedabad from November 15.
Mumbai squad: Ajit Agarkar (Captain), Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan, Ramesh Powar, Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Abhishek Nayar, Kaustubh Pawar, Dhaval Kulkarni, Ankit Chavan, Iqbal Abdullah, Aditya Tare, Akhil Herwadkar.
- Rio Olympics: Yet again, India has managed to look disheveled
- The ecosystem created by GST will facilitate manufacturing hubs
- The problem is not the home minister’s SAARC visit. It is the lack of reflection within
- The incentive to dope
- GST is one of the boldest reforms in post-Independence India
- Like Atal, Advani, Somnath