Sacked man, friend stab ex-employer
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
A labourer Friday barged into his employer's Nagpada residence and allegedly stabbed him to death for sacking him. The killer and an accomplice were caught by the victim's neighbours and handed over to police.
According to the Nagpada police, Swami Sheetla (35), a resident of Kamathipura area was a labour contractor, and supplied workers for construction sites in Nagpada and nearby areas. He recently suffered losses and sacked some labourers.
"Krishna Putta was one. On Friday night, he reached Sheetla's residence along with his friend Hidayatullah Khan. The locked the door. Putta stabbed Sheetla, who was asleep, several times," said senior inspector Vinayak Sawde of Nagpada police station.
Sheetla's cries alerted neighbours.
They allegedly saw Putta, carrying a blood soaked dagger, fleeing along with Khan,and overpowered them. They informed police control room. A police team and an ambulance were sent to the spot.
"Sheetla was taken to JJ hospital where he was declared dead on arrival. Putta and Khan were admitted to hospital, as they had been injured when Sheetla's neighbours thrashed them. They have been booked for murder, wrongful confinement and criminal intimidation and will be arrested after they are discharged from hospital," an Nagpada police officer added.