Sacrilege! Uproar over Petronas playing funeral video Diwali
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
An NGO Angkatan Warga Aman Malaysia had threatened to launch a nationwide protest if Petronas refused to remove the advertisement.
The NGOs secretary-general, S Bharathidasan, said that the video was an insult to Malaysian Hindus as it did not have any message related to Diwali.
"Dancing on the street is not Malaysian Indian culture.
The dance routine is an imitation from Tamil movies. Stereotyping Indians like this is bad and should be stopped," he said.