Sacrilege! Uproar over Petronas playing funeral video Diwali
- Top BJP ministers attend RSS meet, Opposition questions govt's accountability
- Bharat bandh: Violence, arrest, chaos; one-day strike a 'grand success'
- Indrani, Peter brought face to face, questioned extensively; Sanjeev Khanna's laptop seized
- OROP: Veterans soften stand, may accept pension revision once in two years
- Govt to auction 69 oil & gas fields of ONGC, Oil India to private firms
An NGO Angkatan Warga Aman Malaysia had threatened to launch a nationwide protest if Petronas refused to remove the advertisement.
The NGOs secretary-general, S Bharathidasan, said that the video was an insult to Malaysian Hindus as it did not have any message related to Diwali.
"Dancing on the street is not Malaysian Indian culture.