SAD village sarpanch kidnaps, murders youth
- Rs 870 crore money trail: Why the Bhujbals are under scanner
- SC allows 'Make in India' event at Mumbai beach, PM to inaugurate
- Pawar defends Bhujbals, says Fadnavis govt indulging in vendetta politics
- Anupam Kher a great artiste, welcome to visit Pakistan: Abdul Basit
- Indian helicopters helped war against militants in Afghanistan: US General
Close on the heels of the murder of a police official by an Akali leader, a village head owing allegiance to the ruling SAD along with his accomplices allegedly abducted a youth and beat him to death.
Amarjit Singh, who is sarpanch of village Nangal Wanjawala, along with his accomplices allegedly kidnapped 20-year-old Gurpreet Singh Gopi at gunpoint from his residence while firing several rounds of fire in the air, police said on Tuesday.
One of the accused, Swarn Singh, suspected that the deceased was involved in an illicit relation with his sister-in-law, according to the complaint lodged with police.
In her complaint, Gurpreet's mother Sukhraj Kaur alleged that the accused kidnapped his son on Sunday and later beat him to death.
Police said that the matter was reported to it last evening.
Gurpreet's mother Sukhraj Kaur alleged that when her family followed the kidnappers, the Akali sarpanch fired at them and that the family members had a narrow escape.
Sukhraj Kaur told police that her son was found unconscious on Monday at the house of one of the accused when a group of villagers raided the house.
Gopi was rushed to hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Police have registered case of murder and abduction against the accused under various sections of IPC and the Arms Act.
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism
- As it completes 10 years, there is enough evidence to show that India needs the MGNREGA
- For Randhir Singh, teaching was next to revolution-making.
- Intizar Husain seemed as much a stranger in a strange land in Pakistan as he did in India
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment