Sadiq Jamal killing: No bail for DySP
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
A special CBI court here rejected Tuesday the bail plea of suspended deputy superintendent of police (DySP) Tarun Barot, who is an accused in the 2003 Sadiq Jamal encounter case.
The court said Barot's role in the encounter killing was crucial since he was last seen with Sadiq.
Barot had sought bail arguing there was not enough evidence against him.