Sadiq killing: Court reserves order on bail plea of Barot
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
- Kiran floats party for âTelugu prideâ
- UP cops slap sedition charge on Kashmiri students for cheering Pak, then withdraw it
'It has been established that it was Barot who brought Sadiq from Mumbai to Ahmedabad... day before he was gunned down'
A special CBI court on Tuesday reserved its order on the bail plea of suspended Deputy Superintendent of Police (DySP) Tarun Barot in connection with Sadiq Jamal Mehtar encounter case.
Earlier during the proceeding, advocate I H Syed, who appeared for the first time as special counsel for CBI since his appointment, opposed the bail application saying that prima facie there is a strong evidence against Barot.
"It has been established that it was Barot who brought Sadiq from Mumbai to Ahmedabad from the joint custody of Subsidiary Intelligence Unit and Criminal Investigation Unit day before he was gunned down. Barot's presence in Mumbai is on record," Syed told the court.
Opposing the bail, Syed said if released Barot may hamper with the evidences. The court reserved the order for January 29.