Sadiq killing: Court reserves order on bail plea of Barot
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Narendra Modi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: EC censures Amit Shah, Azam Khan over controversial remarks
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Malinga breaks solid stand, cleans up Pandey for 64
'It has been established that it was Barot who brought Sadiq from Mumbai to Ahmedabad... day before he was gunned down'
A special CBI court on Tuesday reserved its order on the bail plea of suspended Deputy Superintendent of Police (DySP) Tarun Barot in connection with Sadiq Jamal Mehtar encounter case.
Earlier during the proceeding, advocate I H Syed, who appeared for the first time as special counsel for CBI since his appointment, opposed the bail application saying that prima facie there is a strong evidence against Barot.
"It has been established that it was Barot who brought Sadiq from Mumbai to Ahmedabad from the joint custody of Subsidiary Intelligence Unit and Criminal Investigation Unit day before he was gunned down. Barot's presence in Mumbai is on record," Syed told the court.
Opposing the bail, Syed said if released Barot may hamper with the evidences. The court reserved the order for January 29.