Saeed slams Khar for promising to take action against him
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
Lashkar-e-Taiba founder Hafiz Mohammad Saeed has criticised Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar for promising to take action against him if India provides evidence, saying the Pakistan government had been unable to resolve outstanding issues like Kashmir.
Saeed, named by India as the mastermind of the 2008 Mumbai attacks, claimed that evidence against him provided by India had been "dismissed" by Pakistani courts.
In the four years since the attacks in Mumbai, India "has been unable to provide any evidence against me in connection with the case. The documents provided by India as evidence could not stand in court and were dismissed by Lahore High Court as propaganda. A similar case was also made by the Supreme Court," Saeed told the Urdu newspaper Ummat.
Saeed, who now heads Jamaat-ud-Dawah, was placed under house arrest for less than six months after the UN Security Council declared the JuD a front for the LeT in the aftermath of the Mumbai attacks in November 2008.
He was freed on the orders of Lahore High Court.
The LeT founder was subsequently detained for incidents that occurred in Pakistan but let off again. Saeed also claimed the only way to resolve the Kashmir issue was "jihad".
Though the US offered a $10-million bounty earlier this year, Saeed lives openly in Lahore and has organised many rallies at which he has spoken out against the US and India.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer