SAFAR director wins first Golden Jubilee award
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
The award was presented by Professor U.R. Rao, Former Chairman, Space Commission and Chairman, Governing Council, PRL and IITM on the occasion of 51 st IITM-Foundation day at the IITM's Meghdoot Complex
DR Gufran Beig, Programme Director of System for air quality forecasting and research (SAFAR) received the first Golden Jubilee award for his contribution in the field of weather and for demonstrating exemplary leadership in steering the institute to a world-class research centre.
The award is constituted by the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology and Earth System Science Organization, Ministry of Earth Sciences, a release issued said.
The award was presented by Professor U.R. Rao, Former Chairman, Space Commission and Chairman, Governing Council, PRL and IITM on the occasion of 51 st IITM-Foundation day at the Meghdoot Complex of IITM.
The award consists of a citation and Rs 1 lakh.
Beig has made significant contributions in the field of 'Atmospheric Chemical Climate' which has not only helped in better understanding of role of chemistry in modern era changing climate, but also led to the development of first air quality forecasting system in the country.