SAFAR director wins first Golden Jubilee award
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
The award was presented by Professor U.R. Rao, Former Chairman, Space Commission and Chairman, Governing Council, PRL and IITM on the occasion of 51 st IITM-Foundation day at the IITM's Meghdoot Complex
DR Gufran Beig, Programme Director of System for air quality forecasting and research (SAFAR) received the first Golden Jubilee award for his contribution in the field of weather and for demonstrating exemplary leadership in steering the institute to a world-class research centre.
The award is constituted by the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology and Earth System Science Organization, Ministry of Earth Sciences, a release issued said.
The award was presented by Professor U.R. Rao, Former Chairman, Space Commission and Chairman, Governing Council, PRL and IITM on the occasion of 51 st IITM-Foundation day at the Meghdoot Complex of IITM.
The award consists of a citation and Rs 1 lakh.
Beig has made significant contributions in the field of 'Atmospheric Chemical Climate' which has not only helped in better understanding of role of chemistry in modern era changing climate, but also led to the development of first air quality forecasting system in the country.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18