SAFAR director wins first Golden Jubilee award
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
The award was presented by Professor U.R. Rao, Former Chairman, Space Commission and Chairman, Governing Council, PRL and IITM on the occasion of 51 st IITM-Foundation day at the IITM's Meghdoot Complex
DR Gufran Beig, Programme Director of System for air quality forecasting and research (SAFAR) received the first Golden Jubilee award for his contribution in the field of weather and for demonstrating exemplary leadership in steering the institute to a world-class research centre.
The award is constituted by the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology and Earth System Science Organization, Ministry of Earth Sciences, a release issued said.
The award was presented by Professor U.R. Rao, Former Chairman, Space Commission and Chairman, Governing Council, PRL and IITM on the occasion of 51 st IITM-Foundation day at the Meghdoot Complex of IITM.
The award consists of a citation and Rs 1 lakh.
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage