Safety check over on Airport line, report within 2 days
The Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) on Wednesday completed the safety inspection of the Airport Express Line. The 22.7 km-long corridor underwent a safety inspection on two phases, from Tuesday.
CMRS R K Kardam said, "The inspection has been carried out. The report will be prepared and submitted soon."
The Airport Metro will resume service after the CMRS issues a clearance certificate to the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), which will then forward it to the Reliance Infra-backed concessionaire.
Sources said the report on the inspection is expected to be submitted within two days. "The civil structure and the nature of repair were inspected. The report is expected to be submitted within 28 hours," an official said.
The services on the corridor has been suspended since July 8, after structural defects surfaced on the line.
Thereafter, massive repairs on girders, bearings, rail-fastening clips, and steps to correct seepage in the underground section, have been carried out.
- No SP role in dropping sedition charges, say Meerut officials
- NaMo Army stages dharna, wants BJP to name Modi from Varanasi
- EC halts Amitabh Bachchan’s shooting for Gujarat tourism
- Wigan stun Man City again in FA Cup
- Cong primaries bring state chief, CM at loggerheads
- Sangh’s public backing of Modi begins