Safety first, A hazard
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airline flight to Bangalore makes air turnback
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
The Technical Committee of the BCCI has searched for means to overcome this from time to time, to try and make winning more attractive rather than merely achieving a first innings lead. But technical committees cannot change mindsets that have been ingrained over generations. And till that mindset changes to one that rewards winning it seems we will have to live with batsman-dominated but largely uncompetitive cricket. Minimax might be a good concept in some business situations, even in some sport, but it is harming Indian cricket.